The arbitrator will review the matter and confirm whether or not it is appropriate for the arbitration process selected.
When to use this service:
The expedited hearing is appropriate for single issues and time sensitive matters such as:
- Interim parenting;
- Vacation and holiday time with children;
- Travel authorizations;
- Children’s health care providers such as doctors, dentists, counsellors or psychologists;
- Children’s schooling, religion and social activities; and
- Section 7 expenses.
Pre-arbitration conference call is optional.
- Written evidence only
- Parties do not have to attend in-person
- Both parties will submit up to 5 pages of written evidence and arguments and up to 20-pages of supporting documents (This is due 3 weeks prior to the Arbitration Award)
- Both parties will then have the opportunity to write and submit a rebuttal to the other party’s argument. The parties will submit up to 3 pages of written arguments and 10 pages of supporting documents to the arbitrator (This is due 2 week prior to the Arbitration Award)
- Both parties then have the opportunity to write and submit a rebuttal argument of up to two pages (This is due 1 week prior to the Arbitration Award)
- The Arbitrator will issue a binding written decision (the Arbitration Award) and Consent Order within 5 business days of receiving the final submissions
Approximately $500 – $1,500 depending on the arbitrator selected.
*Please note, Jones Divorce Mediation Inc. reserves the right to increase fees if unexpected difficulties arise resulting in an increased scope of the issues to be resolved. You will be provided with advanced notice of any rate changes.
- The page limits for all supporting documents are strictly enforced. Any pages over the limit will not be read by the arbitrator. The arbitrator has the authority to deem certain supporting documents inadmissible.
- All written statements should include the results you are seeking (the written statements) and the evidence you wish to rely on.
- Clearly indicate the title of the document, your name, the other parties name and the arbitrator.
- All written evidence and arguments must meet the following requirements:
- 8 ½” x 11” paper;
- 1-inch margins;
- Times New Roman font (or equivalent) at 12-point font;
- 1.5 line spacing; and
- Single sided;