Jones Divorce Law LLP is looking to hire a full-time legal assistant to join our boutique firm in Mission. Our ideal candidate will have graduated from a legal assistant program at an accredited school and have at least 2-5 years of experience. We practice exclusively in the area of family law and consider experience working in a family law office a strong asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting correspondence, preparing legal documents, filing and serving court pleadings;
- File organization and management;
- Organizing and understanding financial disclosure;
- Scheduling meetings; court dates; Questioning, etc..;
- Communicating with other legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress both internally and externally;
- Administrative duties such as billing, time-sheets and other duties as required.
- Degree or certificate from an accredited legal assistant program;
- Experience drafting family law pleadings and following appropriate procedures;
- Familiarity with the Alberta Rules of Court;
- A team player with strong independent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple files;
- Maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested parties should email a cover letter and resume to office manager Caleigh Crockford (firstname.lastname@example.org)